Sun, 13 Dec|
The English Florist
Traditional Christmas Wreath
Come and learn how to make a beautiful frech traditional wreath for your door.
Time & Location
13 Dec 2020, 09:30 – 12:30
The English Florist , Spire Hill, Cook's Lane, Stalbridge, Dorset, DT10 2SG
About the Event
Learn how to make a traditional foliage Christmas door wreath.
I will teach you how to make the wreath from scratch using the mossing and binding techniques. We will combine a mixture of foliage, with seed heads and berries for texture. I will then demonstrate several different wiring techniques to decorae it with pinecones, orange slices, feathers and more.
This workshop is suitable for all abilities, those that have never made a wreath before and those that wish to practice the techniques involved. I'll demonstrate each stage of the process and help you design and create your very own wreath to take home.
Thyme After Time cafe are situated at Spire Hill and there is plenty of free parking and toilet facillities on site.
All materials are included in the price, together with complimentary tea, coffee and cake! The emphasis is on learning new techniques for you to develop in a fun friendly environment.
Tickets are limited to 5 + me! The workshop will be held in my studio and we will be working around a large table in the centre of the room. Measures that are in place to protect us all against Covid 19 are as follows:
* Masks to be worn at all times
* Social distancing at all times
* Hand sterilisation on arrival
* Working 2m apart from each other
* Each person will have their own set of scissors and tools allocated to them at the begining of the workshop which will have been sterilised
* Staying put at our workstations for the duration of the workshop, no wandering around the studio
* One break during the workshop where we will go outside for cake and a cup of tea (if it's raining we'll stay at our work stations) and a loo break for those that need it